1873 in association football
The following are important events in association football during the year 1873 .
- March 8 – England beating Scotland 4–2 at Kennington Oval, London.
- March 13 – The Scottish Football Association was founded.
- March 29 – Second final FA Cup won by Wanderers, was beating 2–0 Oxford University in a game unusually played at 11.00 AM. (see also: 1872-73 in English football)
- In the offside law it was decided that the offside position is determined when the ball is touched and played by a team-mate, and not when received.
Clubs founded in 1873
Winners club national championship
- FA Cup Winners:
- May 11 – Frank Becton, English footballer
- August 24 – Thomas Bradshaw, English footballer
- October 14 – Jules Rimet, 3rd Predisent of FIFA