|Founder||Jim and JoAnn Carland|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||North Carolina|
|Publication types||Scientific journals|
Allied Academies is a corporation chartered under the laws of North Carolina. It presents itself as an association of scholars, with supporting and encouraging research and the sharing and exchange of knowledge as its stated aims. The organization consists of 14 affiliate academies, which provide awards to outstanding faculty members and publish academic journals both online and in hard copy for members. Since 2015, the organization has been listed on Jeffrey Beall's list of "potential, possible, or probable predatory scholarly open-access publishers".
The organization sponsors three yearly academic conferences, and publishes their proceedings. There is also an Internet Conference every summer.
Allied Academies honors outstanding faculty members with awards: the Fellow Award, Distinguished Research Award, Outstanding Teaching Award for Innovative and Creative Teaching, and the John J. Fernandes Strategic Leadership Award.
In 1994, Jim and JoAnn Carland formed a not for profit corporation called the International Academy for Case Studies, which launched the Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies. In 1995 they formed another not for profit corporation called the Academy of Entrepreneurship, which published the Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal and the Entrepreneurial Executive. In 1996, the Allied Academies was formed to oversee the affiliated academies. Since then new Academies and journals have been added.
In 2015, Allied Academies was added to Jeffrey Beall's list of predatory publishers.
- Category:Allied Academies academic journals
- Listing of Affiliate Academies
- "FHSU faculty presents at Allied Academies International Convention". fhsu.edu news. 2015-11-18. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Faculty members". Dr. Kevin L Ennis Associate Professor of Accountancy. Mississippi State University. 2005-04-18. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Business faculty members honored with Fellows Award from Allied Academies". Racer Nation Information. Murray State University. 2015-04-18. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- "Jeff Mankin honored for dedication to strong academic research". Jeff Mankin. Lipscomb University. 2016-05-20. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "JSaleha Khumawala". JSaleha Khumawala. University of Houston. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Assistant Professor of Administrative Sciences". Jung Wan Lee. Boston University. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "M.J. AlhabeebConsumer Economics and Finance". M.J. Alhabeeb. University of Massachusetts. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "JSOM Dean Hasan Pirkul Recognized for Exceptional Leadership". Dr. Hasan Pirkul. University of Texas. 2013-11-06. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- History page
- Canadian Publisher Has Open-Access Evil Twin