|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
Bloomberg Beta is an independent venture capital firm launched in June, 2013 with $75 million of funding from Bloomberg L.P. Bloomberg Beta invests solely for financial return and concentrates on early-stage companies in areas of interest to Bloomberg L.P., including big data, content discovery, technology platforms, media distribution, human-computer interaction technologies and new organizational models.
Bloomberg Beta consists of five full time partners: Roy Bahat, Karin Klein, James Cham, Shivon Zillis, and Dan Strickland. After graduating from Yale University, Shivon Zillis worked at IBM. Bahat was previously the President of IGN Entertainment and was the chairman of Ouya Inc. until June 2015.
Relationship with Bloomberg L.P.
Bloomberg Beta is operated as a separate legal entity from Bloomberg L.P., which is the sole investor in the fund.
- "Bloomberg Launches Bloomberg Beta, A $75 Million Early-Stage Investment Fund Led By Former IGN Exec Roy Bahatt". TechCrunch. June 4, 2013. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "Bahat to Head $75 Million Bloomberg Beta Tech Fund". June 4, 2013. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- "Bloomberg Begins Fund to Invest in Start-Ups". The New York Times. June 5, 2013. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- Loizos, Connie. "Survata Surveys Investors, Raises $6 Million Series A". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "Survata Announces $6 Million in Series A Funding". Survata Blog. Retrieved 2015-07-20.