June 10, 1963|
Portland, Oregon, United States
|Alma mater||Williams College|
|Notable credit(s)||The New York Times|
|Spouse(s)||Naomi Wolf (1993–2005; divorced; 2 children)|
David Julian Shipley (born June 10, 1963) is an American journalist. He is executive editor of Bloomberg View, overseeing its editorial page and its associated columnists and op-ed contributors. He was picked for this position in December 2010 and jointly launched Bloomberg View with James P. Rubin in May 2011. Shipley was formerly the Deputy Editorial Page Editor and Op-Ed Page editor of The New York Times. Prior to that, he served in the Clinton administration as Special Assistant to the President and Senior Presidential Speechwriter. In 1986, he landed his first journalism job with Simon & Schuster. In 2007, with Will Schwalbe, he co-wrote the book Send: The Essential Guide to Email for Office and Home (republished under the title Send: Why People Email So Badly and How to Do It Better), published by Alfred A. Knopf.
Shipley obtained his degree from Williams College.
- "Shipley, David, 1963–". Library of Congress Name Authority File. Library of Congress. October 24, 2006. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- "Editorial Board". Bloomberg View. Bloomberg L.P. Archived from the original on May 5, 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "David Shipley and James P. Rubin to Join Bloomberg News". Bloomberg.com. Bloomberg L.P. 2010-12-15. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "David Shipley: Covering Conflict- Institute for religion, culture, and public life". IRCPL. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- Barry, Dave (May 6, 2007). "You've Got Trouble [book review]". The New York Times. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- Harris, Paul (October 23, 2011). "Naomi Wolf: true radical or ultra egoist?". London: The Observer. Retrieved 23 March 2013.