|Industry||stock photography and stock footage|
|Genre||microstock photography, stock footage|
|Founder||Oleg Tscheltzoff, Thibaud Elziere|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States of America|
|Oleg Tscheltzoff (Former CEO)|
Fotolia by Adobe is Europe's leading microstock agency. It currently offers over 57 million high-res, royalty-free images and videos available to license (via subscription or credit purchase methods).
"Fotolia" was founded by Thibaud Elziere, Oleg Tscheltzoff and Patrick Chassany in November 2005.
Fotolia by Adobe provides means for worldwide distribution of royalty-free photographs, vector graphics, illustrations and videos through PayPal (in the countries that use it), and Moneybookers (another internet payment system offered in more countries than PayPal) amongst other payment methods. Photographers receive a commission for each image licensed via Fotolia by Adobe.
As of October 2008, Fotolia had more than 800,000 members who had uploaded more than 4.2 million photographs and graphic illustrations. By the end of July 2010, those numbers had more than doubled to over 1,967,000 members and 9.8 million images, vector graphics, and HD videos. By May 2012, the member count climbed to more than 3,000,000 registered members and the database to 17 million digital images.
In May 2010, Fotolia by Adobe raised $150 million in growth equity from buyout firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in exchange for a 50% stake.
On December 11, 2014, Adobe announced it was buying Fotolia by Adobe for $800 million in cash, aiming at integrating the service to its Creative Cloud solution. The purchase was completed in January 2015.
Fotolia by Adobe is run as a stand-alone website.
- Andy Goetze, Interview With Fotolia´s CEO Thibaud Elziere, StockPhotoTalk.com, November 28, 2005, accessed April 29, 2007
- TechCrunch Fotolia's P2P photo sales (April 29, 2007)
- NOAH Advisors "Case Study - Fotolia"
- TechCrunch Stock photos site Fotolia launches Fotolia Instant, an app for selling your smartphone photos
- "Adobe Completes Acquisition of Fotolia" (Press release). Adobe Systems Inc. January 28, 2015. Retrieved March 17, 2015.