Goa Today is a monthly magazine published from Panjim, the state-capital of Goa, India, since 1966, featuring news, literature and local issues. Goa Today is considered the "grand-daddy" of all monthly magazines in Goa. It was founded by former joint-editor of Navhind Times, Lambert Mascarenhas, who was awarded Gomant Vibhushan Award, the highest civilian award of Goa in 2014.
It was founded by Lambert Mascarenhas, now a centurion. Mascarenhas was followed as editor by Vaman Sardesai, who left in 1987 to become India's ambassador to Angola. He was followed as editor by Manohar Shetty, the poet, who maintained the high standards and promoted Goan literature while keeping the balance between history, political issues and literature. Vinayak Naik is the current editor.
In the mid 1980s, Goa Today was purchased by the Salgaocar Mining Industries, now part of the V. M. Salgaocar group of companies, which also own the Salgaocar Football Club of Goa.
- "Lambert Mascarenhas to get Gomant Vibushan". The Times of India. 30 May 2014. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- ISSN 0017-1484 Currently published by Goa Publications, see Hathi Trust record.
- Harding, Paul (2003). Lonely Planet: Goa. Footscray, Victoria: Lonely Planet. p. 47. ISBN 978-1-74059-139-3.
- Noronha, Frederick (24 March 2014). "The state of Goa's magazine market: Impressive or depressive?". Indian Printer and Publisher Magazine. 36 (3). (subscription required (. ))
- Qasim, Seeme (2007). "Inward Journeys". India International Centre Quarterly. 34 (1): 84–96. JSTOR 23006049.
- Nazareth, Peter (1985). "Alienation, nostalgia, and homecoming: editing an anthology of Goan literature". World literature today. 59 (3): 374–382. JSTOR 40140844.
- "To-be-centenarian Lambert Mascarenhas". GoaCom. August 2014. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014.
- de Souza, Teotónio Rosário (12 November 2008). "Dishonouring Our Freedom Fighters" (PDF). The Herald. 108 (317). Goa. p. 8. Archived (PDF) from the original on 12 August 2014.
- Kumar, Shiv (2008). "One Outsider Looks In". In Noronha, Frederick. Behind the News: Voices from Goa's Press. Goa: Goa 1556. pp. 141–142. ISBN 978-81-905682-0-3.
- "September 2000 issue Goa Today". Archived from the original on 15 January 2004.
- "Photo: Goa Today Feb 2014 cover".