Hipolito Frank Garcia
Hipolito Frank Garcia (December 4, 1925 – January 16, 2002) was a United States federal judge.
Born in San Antonio, Texas, Garcia was in the United States Army during World War II, from 1943 to 1945, and received an LL.B. from St. Mary's University School of Law in 1951. He was a deputy district clerk for Bexar County from 1950 to 1952, and then an assistant criminal attorney for the county 1952 to 1963. He was in private practice from 1963 to 1964, becoming a judge on the Bexar County Law Court from 1964 to 1974, and of the 144th Judicial District Court of Bexar County from 1975 to 1980.
On December 19, 1979, Garcia was nominated by President Jimmy Carter to a new seat on the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas created by 92 Stat. 1629. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on September 29, 1980, and received his commission the following day. He served unto his death, in Austin, in 2002.
In 2004, the Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Building and United States Courthouse in Downtown San Antonio was named in his honor.
- Hipolito Frank Garcia at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
| Succeeded by|
Robert A. Junell