Mason with the Georgia Bulldogs
|Date of birth:||September 20, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Marietta, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||209 lb (95 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Hutson Taylor Mason (born September 20, 1991) is an American football quarterback who is a free agent. He played college football at Georgia and was the Bulldogs starting quarterback in 2014. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Washington Redskins in 2015.
Mason attended Lassiter High School in Marietta, Georgia. As a senior he threw for a Georgia high school record 4,560 yards and 54 touchdowns and was the state's Gatorade Football Player of the Year. In his two years as starter he threw for 8,265 yards and 85 touchdowns.
As a true freshman at the University of Georgia in 2010, Mason played in four games as a backup QB to Aaron Murray. He passed for 102 yards and had one touchdown. As a sophomore in 2011 he again was the backup to Murray, passing for 254 yards and two touchdowns. In 2012, he redshirted so that he could have another year of eligibility. Mason returned in 2013 as the backup to Murray. After Murray tore his ACL, Mason took over as Georgia's starting quarterback and made his first career start against Georgia Tech. He finished the game 22 of 36 for 299 yards and two touchdowns. Mason also started the 2014 Gator Bowl, passing for 320 yards with one touchdown. Overall he appeared in five games, going 67 of 110 for 968 yards, five touchdowns and three interceptions. In 2014 he took over as Georgia's starting quarterback after Murray graduated. He started all 13 games, completing 188 of 277 for 2,167 yards, 21 touchdowns and four interceptions.
Mason signed with the Washington Redskins on May 18, 2015. He was released on June 9, 2015.
Mason was signed by the Saskatchewan Roughriders on September 9, 2015. HE was released by the Roughriders on October 20, 2015.
- Lassiter QB picked as Georgia's Gatorade Player of Year
- Hutson Mason bides his time as Georgia’s ‘QB-in-waiting’
- "The Marietta Daily Journal – Mason prepares for frenzy of being a starting QB". mdjonline.com.
- "Patience paying off for Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason – SEC Blog- ESPN". ESPN.com.
- "Looking to make most of only year as starter, Georgia QB Hutson Mason studies up on Tom Brady". Fox News.
- "Georgia Bulldogs putting their trust in Hutson Mason for 2014". timesfreepress.com.
- Keim, John (May 18, 2015). "Redskins sign four tryout players, but not Blake Sims". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
- Walker, Andrew (May 18, 2015). "Rookie Minicamp Leads To 5 Redskins Signings". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
- McMillan, Keith (June 9, 2015). "Redskins sign tackle Bryce Quigley and cut quarterback Hutson Mason". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- McFadden, William (September 9, 2015). "Former UGA QB Hutson Mason signs with the CFL". dawgnation.com. Archived from the original on September 10, 2015. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "TRANSACTIONS – 2015". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on February 22, 2016. Retrieved February 21, 2016.