Jacky Terrasson, Dortmund, 2010
|Birth name||Jacques-Laurent Terrasson|
November 27, 1965|
He studied at the Berklee College of Music before playing in Chicago and New York City clubs. He gained increased attention on winning the 1993 Thelonious Monk Piano Competition. He did early work with Betty Carter and in 1997 he worked on Rendezvous with Cassandra Wilson.
Terrasson is currently represented by Universal Music France.
- 1992 What's New, Jazz aux Remparts
- 1994 Jacky Terrasson, Blue Note
- 1994 Freedom Jazz Dance, with Eddie Harris Quartet, Music Master
- 1994 Lover Man (Released 2002), Venus Records
- 1996 Reach, Blue Note
- 1997 Rendezvous with Cassandra Wilson, Blue Note
- 1998 Alive, Blue Note
- 1999 What It Is (also released as Where It's At), Blue Note
- 2001 A Paris..., Blue Note
- 2001 Moon & Sand with Tom Harrell Jazz Aux Remparts
- 2001 Kindred with Stefon Harris, EMI
- 2002 Smile, Blue Note
- 2003 Into the Blue with Emmanuel Pahud, Blue Note
- 2005 Close to You with Rigmor Gustafsson, ACT
- 2007 Mirror, EMI
- 2010 Push, Concord Jazz
- 2012 Gouache, Universal Music
- 2015 Take This, Impulse!