Keyinpedia(Simplified Chinese: 科印百科) is an online Chinese encyclopedia based in mainland China. It started operation in February, 2005. By November, 2006, keyinpedia contains 38,112 articles.
Being part of the website www.keyin.cn(Chinese: 科印网), which is under KeyinPrint Media, Keyinpedia is similar to Wikipedia, in terms of format and contents. Keyinpedia supports reading in four different Chinese written standards: Mainland Simplified Chinese, Taiwan Traditional Chinese, Singapore Simplified Chinese and Hong Kong Traditional Chinese.
Because of the Blocking of Wikipedia in mainland China, a few Chinese Internet companies have started to open Wikipedia-like Chinese language online encyclopedias. In April 2006, the search engine Baidu opened its own encyclopedia, known as Baidupedia or, more accurately, as Baidu Baike.
|Wikinews has related news: Chinese ban of Wikimedia enters tenth week|
|Meta has related information at: China block|
- China 'unblocks' Wikipedia site BBC News, 16 November 2006
- Chinese ban on Wikipedia prevents research, users say Globe and Mail, January 10, 2005.
- Reference Tool On Web Finds Fans, Censors Washington Post
- China and Internet Censorship CNN
- Access to Wikipedia Blocked - IFEX
- Chinese Wikipedia