|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
|Nonfiction topics||Music, Pro Audio/AV, Video & Broadcast, Consumer Electronics, and Education|
NewBay Media serves five marketplaces — Music, Pro Audio/AV, Video & Broadcast, Consumer Electronics, and Education. NewBay connects and informs millions of constituents in these markets through award-winning content, integrated media capabilities, and high-profile network-building, informative events. Their reach provides marketing partners with exciting, engaging, and effective targeted communities, and connects them with decision makers and influencers across these markets.
In September 2006, NewBay Media (as an affiliate of The Wicks Group of Companies) acquired CMP Entertainment Media from United Business Media which yielded Guitar Player, Bass Player, Keyboard, Pro Sound News, Systems Contractor News, Residential Systems, Videography, Government Video, DV, Technology & Learning, and Television Broadcast.
In 2009, Reed Business Information sold TWICE, Broadcasting & Cable, and Multichannel News to NewBay Media.
In 2012, NewBay Media bought the Music division of Future US.
In late 2012, NewBay Media acquired U.K.-based Intent Media (which was originally formed from the purchase of IP from United Business Media), including brands such as PSNEurope, TVBEurope, MCV, Installation, and ToyNews. NewBay Media wanted to acquire these brands because of their strong market positioning and their historical links to the Reed Business Information purchases, as Pro Sound News was, prior to the spin off from UBM, sister magazine to PSNEurope (or Pro Sound News Europe). [
- Audio Media International
- Audio Pro'
- AV Technology'
- Bass Player
- Bike Biz
- Broadcasting & Cable
- Digital Signage
- Digital Video, digital video
- Electronic Musician
- Government Video
- Guitar Aficionado
- Guitar Player
- Guitar World
- Keyboard Magazine
- MI World
- Mobile Entertainment
- Multichannel News
- Music Week
- Pro Audio Review, professional audio
- ProSoundNews, professional audio
- Residential Systems
- Radio World
- Rental & Staging
- School CIO
- Sound & Video Contractor
- Systems Contractor News
- Tech & Learning
- Toy News
- TV Technology
- Videography, videography
- NewBay Media, LLC, Bloomberg Businessweek (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- UBM Has Sold CMP Entertainment Media to The Wicks Group, The Jordan, Edmiston Group, 13 September 2006 (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- NewBay Media acquires IMAS Publishing, AllBusiness, 1 July 2007 (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- RBI Sells Broadcasting & Cable to NewBay, Jason Fell, Folio Magazine, 1 December 2009 (retrieved 19 September 2010)
- http://www.prosoundnews.com/article/34376 "Newbay Media Acquires Mix, Electronic Musician, Radio, And Sound & Video Contractor From Penton," Pro Sound News, Feb 2011
- NewBay Media Buys Music Mags from Future US