|Occupation||Actress, film producer|
|Spouse(s)||Prem (m. 2007)|
Swetha (born 31 March 1984), popularly known as Rakshita, is a South Indian film actress. She has acted in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu language films. Rakshita made her acting debut in the 2002 Kannada-language film Appu, alongside Puneet Rajkumar, following which, she acted in many Kannada films.
Rakshita started her career with a Kannada movie Appu with Puneeth Rajkumar. She also acted in the remake of the same movie in Telugu titled Idiot and in Tamil titled "Dum". In Tamil she acted alongside Silambarasan also known as "Simbu". Her Kannada film career as heroine got a twist when her movie Kalasipalya became a hit. Within a short period of time, Rakshita acted with major Telugu heroes such as Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, Mahesh Babu, Jr NTR, Jagapathi Babu and Ravi Teja and in Tamil she got opportunity to act with Ilayathalapathy Vijay. She also made a special appearance in a song in Lakshmi Narasimha.
After her marriage to the director Prem, she cut down on her acting profession and began supporting him in film making. She has also turned into a producer for one of the most prestigious project Jogayya starring Shivarajkumar in the lead and directed by Prem.
Rakshita announced of joining the Badavara Shramikara Raitara (BSR) Congress in March 2012, after politician B. Sriramulu announced of founding it, which eventually happened in 2013. She served as the President of the women's wing of the BSR Congress till April 2013, when she quit the party citing differences with the party members over contesting elections from a constituency of her choice at the Karnataka Legislative Assembly election. In the same month, she joined the Janata Dal (Secular). She again had differences with the party over its ignoring of her plea for a ticket to contest from Mandya at the 2014 general election, and quit in March 2014, joining the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Following this, she became subject to media and public ridicule, and was called a "party-hopper", having changed 3 political parties in two years.
She likes reading books, listening to music and traveling. Her favourite authors are Agatha Christie and Sidney Sheldon. She is married to Kannada cinema director Prem.
|2004||Lakshmi Narasimha||Telugu||Dancer||Special Appearance|
|2005||Kashi From Village||Kannada|
|2005||Andarivaadu||Telugu||Cheetila Chinni / Janki|
|2007||Ee Rajiv Gandhi Alla||Kannada|
- 2014 - Thaka Dhimi Tha Dancing star - Judge (ETV Kannada)
- 2015 - putani pantru season 2 - Judge (suvarna tv Kannada)
- "Kannada Star Rakshita Set to Join Sriramulu's Party". Daijiworld. 9 March 2012. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Rakshita now joins Janata Dal (S)". The Hindu. 16 April 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Rakshita joins BJP". The Hindu. 21 March 2014. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Rakshitha termed to be a party hopper!". Sify.com. 22 March 2014. Archived from the original on 18 October 2015. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Prem, Rakshita to tie the knot on March 9". The Hindu. 14 February 2007. Retrieved 20 December 2010.