Main page as of 24 July 2009
|Type of business||Public company|
Type of site
|Traded as||NASDAQ: REDF|
|Key people||Ajit Balakrishnan, Chairman and CEO|
|Revenue||$3.63 million (2015)|
|Employees||316 (Dec 2009)|
|Alexa rank||414 (October 2016)|
|Launched||February 8, 1997|
Rediff.com is an Indian news, information, entertainment and shopping web portal, founded in 1996 as "Rediff On The NeT". It is headquartered in Mumbai, with offices in Bangalore, New Delhi and New York City.
According to Alexa, Rediff.com is the No. 24 Indian web portal. It has more than 316 employees. 89.1% of the millions of visitors to Rediff.com are from India, while the rest come primarily from the USA (3.4%) and China. In April 2001, Rediff.com acquired and began offering India Abroad. As of February 2011, it ranked 295 on Alexa. Rediff.com was the first website domain name registered in India in 1996.
- Rediffmail – Web based and app-based e-mail which has around 95 million registered usernames.
- Rediff Shopping – An online and app-based marketplace, headquartered in Mumbai, India, selling mobile phones, shopping, apparel and accessories, home utility and electronics.
- Rediff News App – On 14 September 2012, Rediff launched its Android App for Rediff News.
- Rediff iShare – From 10 July 2007, Rediff users were able to upload their videos, music and pictures to the Rediff iShare multimedia platform.
- "Rediff Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2016 Results". Rediff.com. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "Rediff.Com reports Q1 results: India revenue up 42%". Financialexpress.com. 2008-07-24. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine rediffonthenet.com". Archived from the original on 9 August 2000. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Rediff.com India Ltd, Business Wire India, Press Releases, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Gujarati, Malayal". Businesswireindia.com. 2009-12-14. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Alexa Ranking
- "Top Sites in India". Alexa. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "REDF : Rediff.com India Limited FAQs". Investor.rediff.com. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- 5 million unique visitors worldwide
- At least 66 per cent of the visitors come from India
- "Pioneering publisher Gopal Raju passes away". India Abroad. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Rediff.com Site Info". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "India completes 20 years of commercial internet". Indian Digitel Review. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Cauley Geller Bowman & Coates, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Rediff.com India Ltd. Seeking Damages on Behalf of Purchasers of Rediff American Depository Shares - REDF". May 25, 2001. Retrieved Jul 17, 2013.
- "Rediff records 15 percent growth in registered user base". Medianewsline.com. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- "Rediff News Android App". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- "Now share videos, music on Rediff's iShare". Livemint.com. 2007-07-10. Retrieved 2014-11-17.