Right hand of God
It is also a placement next to God in Heaven, in the traditional place of honour, mentioned in the New Testament as the place of Christ at Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69, Matthew 22:44 and 26:64, Acts 2:34 and 7:55, 1 Peter 3:22 and elsewhere. These uses reflect use of the phrase in the Old Testament, for example in Psalms 63:8 and 110:1. In the Bible, to be at the right side "is to be identified as being in the special place of honor". In Jesus' The Sheep and the Goats, the sheep and goats are separated with the sheep on the right hand of God and the goats on the left hand.
- Apostles' Creed
- Session of Christ
- Act of God
- Throne of God
- Real presence of Christ in the Eucharist
- Hand of God (disambiguation)
- Finger of God (disambiguation)
- Left Hand of God (disambiguation)
- Related Bible parts: Psalm 63, Psalm 110, Isaiah 41, Matthew 22, Matthew 26, Mark 16, Luke 22, Acts 2, Acts 7, 1 Peter 3
- Psalm 110:1 in parallel translations: http://bible.cc/psalms/110-1.htm
- Leland Ryken, James Wilhoit and Tremper Longman III, ed. (1998). "Right, Right Hand". Dictionary of Biblical Imagery. InterVarsity Press. pp. 727–728.
- Aquinas, Thomas. "Question 58. Christ's sitting at the right hand of the Father". Summa Theologica. Retrieved 17 January 2011.