|Look up vigil in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Vigil may refer to:
- Vigil, a period of sleeplessness or watchfulness.
- Vigils, night prayers in ancient Christianity.
- Candlelight vigil, a method of remembrance, especially following a tragedy.
- Vigil (horse), an American Thoroughbred racehorse
- one of the Vigiles, an ancient Roman firefighter and nightwatchman
Art and literature
- The Vigil, a painting by John Pettie
- "Vigil Strange I Kept on the Field One Night", a poem by Walt Whitman from his 1865 collection Drum-Taps
- Wraith (Image Comics), comic book character once known as Vigil
Movies and music
- Vigil (film), a 1984 New Zealand film, directed by Vincent Ward
- Vigil (album), a 1968 album by The Easybeats
- The Vigil, a 2013 album by Chick Corea
- Vigil (band), a late 1980s modern rock band.
- "Vigil (In A Wilderness of Mirrors)", a song by Fish
- "Vigil", a song by Lamb of God from their 2003 album As the Palaces Burn"
- Vigil Honor, achieved by a member of the Order of the Arrow, the honor camping society of the Boy Scouts of America
- The VIGIL Network, a secretive private organisation in London working against Islamic extremism