Dixon, South Dakota
Dixon was laid out in 1905, and named after Dixon, Illinois, the native home of a first settler. A post office was established at Dixon in 1905, and remained in operation until 1973.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Dixon, South Dakota
- Federal Writers' Project (1940). South Dakota place-names, v.1-3. University of South Dakota. p. 34.
- "Gregory County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 26 January 2015.