Glenn E. Trowbridge
|Glenn E. Trowbridge|
Charleston, West Virginia, U.S.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
San Diego State University|
|Political party||Republican Party|
|Spouse(s)||Patricia Lynn Hill|
Glenn E. Trowbridge was born in 1943 in Charleston, West Virginia.
Between 1979 and 2001, Trowbridge was director of human resources for Clark County, Nevada, followed by director of its parks and recreation department. He later worked for Safe Nest, a non-profit organization which helps victims of domestic violence.
Trowbridge ran for office at least two times before his appointment to the Assembly. He was the Republican nominee for Assembly seat 20 back in 1982. He lost to Democratic incumbent Robert G. Craddock by a margin of 54-43%. He also ran for Las Vegas City Council in 2009, narrowly losing to Stavros Anthony 50.08-49.92%. In the June 16 primary, Trowbridge was defeated by businessman Jim Marchant by a margin of 62.5-37.5% due to the former's support of a state commerce tax.
Trowbridge married Patricia Lynn Hill. They have a son, Thomas. They reside in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- "Assemblyman Glenn E. Trowbridge". Nevada Legislature. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Botkin, Ben (December 16, 2014). "Clark County picks ex-parks and rec director to fill Assembly seat". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Heller, Dean. "1982 General Election Returns".
- "Nevada Secretary of State: Elections Results: City of Las Vegas". nvsos.gov. Retrieved 2016-02-08.
- REVIEW-JOURNAL, COLTON LOCHHEAD and BEN BOTKIN LAS VEGAS (2016-06-16). "Nevada primary winners and losers". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2016-06-19.