|Location||Pahala Kadugannawa, Mawanella|
|Designations||Archaeological protected monument|
Kadugannawa Ambalama (Sinhala:කඩුගන්නාව අම්බලම) is a historic wayside rest that is found – on the left, when traveling from Colombo to Kandy, a few metres before the Kadugannawa Hairpin turn aka Kadugannawa pass. Built during the early 18th century which is about 200 years old now. This ambalama was built during the English colonial rule of Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) About one and half centuries back this had been a popular stopover for horsemen, merchants etc. traveling from lowlands to the ancient hill capital Kandy.This structure resembles the Kandyan Era architecture and is of archaeological value. It was renovated by the Ministry of Tourism under the technical guidance of the Department of Archeology at a cost of Rs. 300,000.00 and now this structure is considered a national heritage item of Sri Lanka.
- Gazette 1719 22 July 2011, p. 510.
- Gaveshaka (29 August 2004). "The 'ambalama' was the resting place". Sunday Times. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Keeriyawatta, R.S (4 March 2007). "History on the wane". Sunday Times. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Author Board, Lankadeepa (15 January 2012). "Ambalams of Ancient days". Lankadeepa. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- de Silva, Lionel (18 October 2009). "Ambalams-Our Architectural Heritage". Sunday Island. Retrieved 2 February 2013.