Lucas Cruz Senra (born on 26 December 1974 in Barcelona) is a Spanish computer engineer, mostly known as a rally racing co-driver and experienced navigator. He started to race on 1994, when he race on the Catalonia Rally Championship. On 2001, he achieved his first victory in the Spanish Championship, together with the driver Txus Jaio on board a Ford Focus WRC, as part of the Carlos Sainz Junior Team. After a few years racing on tarmac and gravel categories, he started to compete on off-road races with the driver José Luis Monterde, finishing the 2001 Dakar Rally as the first classified rookies and amateurs, driving a Nissan Patrol GR.
On 2007 he signed for Mitsubishi, where he stayed for two years, along with Nani Roma as new team mate. They attended to 2007 and 2009 Dakar Rally, achieving 10th place as the best result on final classification. They also finished 2nd on Rally Transibérico and Baja Spain competitions on 2007, and 2nd again on the 2008 Baja Spain.
On May 2009, Cruz returned to Volkswagen team, this time to share the cockpit with former World Champion Carlos Sainz. The pairing achieved their first successes after winning the Rally dos Sertões and the Silk Way Rally. The team formed by Sainz-Cruz completed their most important achievement after winning the 2010 Dakar Rally, ahead of another two Volkswagen cars, driven by Nasser Al-Attiyah and Mark Miller, respectively.
Dakar Rally results
- "Lucas S. Cruz". Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Al Attiyah and Cruz Senra new in Volkswagen Team". 11 May 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Carloz Sainz wins the Sertões International Rally 2009". 6 July 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Rallye dos Sertões: Carlos Sainz takes lead in Brazil". 25 June 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Volkswagen wins Silk Way Rally". 14 September 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- "Sainz and Cruz: a strong unit in the Volkswagen cockpit". Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- Eurosport, ed. (16 January 2010). "Dakar 2010 – Cars: Sainz wins first Dakar Rally". Retrieved 2010-01-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lucas Cruz.|
- "Cruz's Profile on www.volkswagen-motorsport.com". Retrieved 2010-01-17.