Pankaj Oswal is an Indian businessman. He was the chairman and managing director of Burrup Holdings Limited.It is a Perth-based company and one of the world's largest liquid ammonia production companies. Oswal at one time had an estimated fortune of nearly A$1 billion, making him one of Australia's richest people.
Pankaj grew up in India and studied at Manipal Institute of Technology. After graduating, he worked for several of his father's enterprises. He is married to Radhika Oswal; the couple has two daughters.
Pankaj and his wife have been accused of embezzling upwards of $150 million from Burrup Holdings to fund a lifestyle of private jets, yachts, luxury cars, and building a 'Taj Mahal' on the Swan River in Perth. They also are accused of paying two financial advisers to keep quiet regarding the alleged embezzled funds. Several lawsuits are currently pending. The Oswals fled Australia when they were discovered.
- "About Burrup Holdings Ltd". Ibisworld.com.au. 31 March 2009. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- Sarah-Jane Tasker (June 7, 2008). "Oswal family failures outweighs fertiliser success". The Australian. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- Business Information Agency. ASIA Major Manufacturers. Business Information Agency. p. 220 item 4003. ISBN 978-1-4187-8517-8. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- Victoria Laurie (7 June 2008). "Meet the Oswals". The Australian. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- Danckert, Sarah (2016-08-18). "Oswals, ANZ agree to in principle settlement". Retrieved 2016-08-19.