May 19, 1990|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Genres||R&B, Jazz, Blues, Carnatic music, Gospel|
|Occupation(s)||Music producer, rapper, playback singer|
Siddharth "Sid" Sriram (born 19 May 1990) is an Indian-American music producer, playback singer and songwriter working primarily in the Tamil film industry. He is based in San Francisco, CA. He shot to fame in India with the song "Adiye" sung for the soundtrack of Kadal (2013) composed by A. R. Rahman. He won the Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer for his rendition of "Ennodu Nee Irunthaal" for the soundtrack of I (2015).
Sid was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and his parents moved to San Francisco when he was 3 year old. His basic musical skills were nurtured by his mother who was a Carnatic singer who had set up a music school for children. His formal Carnatic music lessons were taught by P. S. Narayana Swamy and he simultaneously started to learn R&B, Blues, Jazz and Gospel music. After his 12th grade, he joined the Berklee College of Music to pursue his advanced graduation in music. After his graduation, he has been visiting India during December month to perform in Classical concerts as a part of Marghazhi Utsavam.
- 2013 - "Moments of Weakness"
- 2015 - "Grandma" from the album Always Strive and Prosper
|2013||Kadal||"Adiye"||A. R. Rahman|
|2015||Naanum Rowdy Dhaan||"Yennai Mattrum"||Anirudh Ravichander|
|I||"Ennodu Nee Irunthaal"||A. R. Rahman|
|"Ennodu Nee Irundhal (Reprise)"|
|2016||24||"Mei Nigara"||A. R. Rahman|
|Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada||"Thalli Pogathey"||A. R. Rahman|
|Kavalai Vendam||"Nee Tholaindhaayo"||Leon James|
|Kattappavae Kaanom||"Hey Penne"||Santhosh Dhayanidhi|
|Rum (film)||"Alladhe Siragiye"||Anirudh Ravichander|
|2015||I||"Nuvvunte na jathaga"||A. R. Rahman|
|2016||Sahasam Swasaga Sagipo||"Vellipomaakey"||A. R. Rahman|
|2016||24 (Telugu)||"Manasuke"||A. R. Rahman|
- "Sid Sriram – the next American idol ?". American College Cricket.com.
- "From Berklee to singing for Rahman". Rediff.com. 24 January 2013.
- "Winners: 63rd Filmfare South Awards". Times of India. 19 June 2016.
- "'Being an Indian kid in USA, I was exposed to so many kinds of music'". Rediff.com. 24 January 2013.
- Jyothsna. "THE ENVIRONMENT RAHMAN SIR CREATES IS SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTING AND CALM". Behindwoods. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Naked Innocence". Campus Movie Fest.
- Sid Sriram at the Internet Movie Database
- Sid Sriram Reflects On His Self-Evolution In New "Moments of Weakness" Video