Skol Lager Individual
The Skol Lager Individual was a European Tour golf tournament which was played from 1974 to 1977. The event was a 36-hole strokeplay tournament which preceded the Double Diamond International team event, which was played later the same week. The tournament was called the Double Diamond Strokeplay in 1974 and 1975 and the Double Diamond Individual Championship in 1976.
The 1977 Skol Lager Individual was played over the King's Course at Gleneagles in Scotland on 16 and 17 August. After the 36 holes, Nick Faldo, Craig Defoy and Chris Witcher were tied at 139. Faldo won a playoff at the first extra hole to claim his first European Tour title at the age of twenty.
|Skol Lager Individual|
|1977||Nick Faldo||England||Gleneagles Hotel||139||Playoff|| Craig Defoy|
|Double Diamond Individual Championship|
|1976||Simon Owen||New Zealand||Gleneagles Hotel||132||2 strokes|| Brian Huggett|
|Double Diamond Strokeplay|
|1975||Peter Dawson||England||Turnberry||150||3 strokes|| Martin Foster|
|1974||Maurice Bembridge||England||Gleneagles Hotel||136||1 stroke||Bob Charles||1,500|
In 1977 Faldo won the playoff at the first extra hole with a birdie 3.
- "'Extra' £4000 for Faldo". The Glasgow Herald. 18 August 1977. p. 15.
- "Owens news putter works wonder". The Glasgow Herald. 19 August 1976. p. 15.
- "Dawson's reward for endurance". The Glasgow Herald. 25 September 1975. p. 19.
- "Bembridge wins and saves domestic faces". The Glasgow Herald. 22 August 1974. p. 5.
- Coverage of the 1974 to 1976 events European Tour's official site
- Coverage of the 1977 event on the European Tour's official site