|Vladimir Valerianovich Pribylovsky|
|Native name||Владимир Валерианович Прибыловский|
6 March 1956|
Moscow, Soviet Union
13 January 2016 59) (aged|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University|
|Occupation||journalism, political analysis, activism|
|Known for||human rights activism|
Vladimir Valerianovich Pribylovsky (Russian: Влади́мир Валериа́нович Прибыло́вский, 6 March 1956 – 13 January 2016) was a Russian political analyst, journalist, human rights activist, and author of internet database Anticompromat.org on biographies of Russian politicians. He also authored more than 40 books.
Pribylovsky graduated from the Department of Medieval History of Moscow State University in 1981 specializing in Byzantine studies, and published several articles on early Byzantine history.In the 1980s he was persecuted by Soviet authorities for spreading banned literature.
Since 1993 he was the president of the Panorama Information and Research Center think tank. From November 2005 he operated the Russian-language website Anticompromat.org, which is essentially a collection of biographies of Russian politicians compiled and partially written by Pribylovsky from a variety of published sources. The site was included in the Federal List of Extremist Materials. On 31 March, after being shortly closed, the website moved to a Californian hosting.
- Pribylovsky, Vladimir; Felshtinsky, Yuri. The Operation Successor. A political portrait of Vladimir Putin (Text online) (in Russian).
- Felshtinsky, Yuri; Pribylovsky, Vladimir (2008). The Age of Assassins. The Rise and Rise of Vladimir Putin. London: Gibson Square Books. ISBN 1-906142-07-6.
- Yuri Felshtinsky, Vladimir Pribylovsky, The Corporation. Russia and the KGB in the Age of President Putin, ISBN 1-59403-246-7, Encounter Books; February 25, 2009, description.
- Vladimir Pribylovsky The Purge by Vladimir Putin. Who has been eliminated, and who remains? (Russian), 2013, ISBN 978-5-4438-0333-3, Google books and review.
- The chronicler of modern Russia by RFE/RL (Russian)
- Death of Vladimir Pribylovsky by Kommersant
- "Biographical timeline". www.panorama.ru. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- Pribylovsky, Vladimir (1986). "Tax reform under emperor Anastasius I". Византийский временник (in Russian). Институтом истории, Академии наук Союза Советских Социалистических Республик (46): 189–198.
- Russia's Own WikiLeaks Takes Off
- Not to be confused with the yellow Compromat.ru by Sergey Gorshkov.
- По требованию представителей неизвестного госоргана закрыт сайт "Антикомпромат.ру" (in Russian). March 29, 2007.
- Gordievsky, Oleg (March 7, 2008). "The Age of Assassins: the Rise and Rise of Vladimir Putin by Yuri Felshtinsky and Vladimir Pribylovsky". The Times. London.
- Cowell, Alan (March 19, 2008). "The Age of Assassins: The Rise and Rise of Vladimir Putin". Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Smith, Sebastian (March 21, 2008). "Vladimir Putin and his corporate gangsters". The Daily Telegraph.
- Pribylovsky and St. Petersburg of gangsters, by Anastasia Kirilenko
- Oliphant, Roland (13 January 2016). "Putin critic found dead in apartment". The Daily Telegragh. London. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "В Москве умер политолог и публицист Владимир Прибыловский". Радио Свобода. Retrieved 2016-09-13.