|Member of the New Mexico Senate|
from the 32nd district
Assumed office |
January 15, 2013
|Preceded by||Timothy Jennings|
|Residence||Roswell, New Mexico|
Pirtle graduated from Roswell High School.
- 2012 To challenge District 32 incumbent Democratic Senator Timothy Jennings, Pirtle ran in the June 5, 2012 Republican Primary, winning by 9 votes with 1,018 votes (50.2%) and won the November 6, 2012 General election with 5,930 votes (52.3%) against Senator Jennings, who had served in the seat since 1979.
- "Senator Cliff R. Pirtle (R)". Santa Fe, New Mexico: New Mexico Legislature. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "Cliff Pirtle's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "Canvass of Returns of Primary Election Held on June 5, 2012 – State of New Mexico" (PDF). Santa Fe, New Mexico: Secretary of State of New Mexico. p. 6. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- "Canvass of Returns of General Election Held on November 6, 2012 – State of New Mexico" (PDF). Santa Fe, New Mexico: Secretary of State of New Mexico. p. 3. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- Official page at the New Mexico Legislature
- Campaign site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Cliff R. Pirtle at Ballotpedia
- Cliff R. Pirtle at the National Institute on Money in State Politics