|Born||25 February 1940|
|Residence||Tiruvallur, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, film editor|
Durai (born 25 February 1940) is a Tamil film director who was mostly active during the 1970s. As of 2014, he has directed 46 films in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi. Though known for his work in commercial cinema, he made films women-centric like Avalum Penthaane and Pasi, which won two National Film Awards. He served as a jury member of the 58th National Film Awards (India) in 2011. As of 2011, he was the vice president of the South Indian Film Writers' Association.
- Avalum Penn Thaane (1974)
- Oru Kudumbathin Kathai (1975)
- Raghupathi Raghavan Rajaram (1977)
- Paavathin Sambalam (1978)
- Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam (1978)
- Sadhurangam (1978)
- Aayiram Jenmangal (1978)
- Pasi (1979)
- Oli Pirandhadhu
- Neeya (1979)
- Maria, My Darling (1980)
- Pet Pyaar Aur Paap (1984)
- Pudhiya Athiyayam (1990)
- 1978 – Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Director – Oru Veedu Oru Ulagam
- 1979 – National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil – Pasi
- 1980 – Best Film Award for Pasi at Tashkent Film Festival
- 1982 – Kalaimamani
- "National Film Awards 2010". Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Kannan, Dr. R. (2000). Women in Films: An Incisive Study Into the Issues and Trends. Publications Division, Madurai Kamaraj University. p. 24.
- Bowker (1983). Variety's Film Reviews: 1978-1980. Bowker. ISBN 978-0-8352-2795-7.