The heraldic badge of Kintyre Pursuivant of Arms
|Governing body||Court of the Lord Lyon|
The Kintyre Pursuivant was formerly a private officer of arms in the service of the Lord of the Isles, but along with Dingwall Pursuivant, Ross Herald, and Islay Herald became an officer of arms to the Scottish Crown when the last Lord of the Isles forfeited his estates and titles to James IV of Scotland in 1493.
The badge of office is Two dolphins hauriant addorsed Azure enfiled of a coronet of four fleurs-de-lys (two visible) and four crosses pattee (one and two halves visible) Or.
The office is currently vacant.
- 1548: John Forsyth was created Kintyre Pursuivent for life.
- before 1568: Patrick Davidson, made Ross Herald in 1568.
- 1568: James Purdie, in February 1568 Regent Moray paid £20 for his coat of arms and blazon.
- 1953-1955: Iain Moncreiffe of that Ilk
- 1955-1971: Charles Jauncey
- 1986-2000: John Charles Grossmith George
- Roads, Elizabeth Ann. "Badges of the Scottish Officers of Arms". The Double Tressure (20 1998): 77–86.
- Accounts of the Treasurer of Scotland, vol.12 (1970), 69
- Register Privy Council Scotland, vol.1 (1879), pp.658-660, list of heralds and messengers
- Accounts of the Treasurer of Scotland, vol.12 (1970), 188