|Coordinates: 48°18′51″N 07°56′29″E / 48.31417°N 7.94139°ECoordinates: 48°18′51″N 07°56′29″E / 48.31417°N 7.94139°E|
|• Mayor||Thomas Schäfer (CDU)|
|• Total||29.90 km2 (11.54 sq mi)|
|• Density||160/km2 (420/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Seelbach is located on the western edge of the Black Forest in the Schutter Valley, south-eastern of Lahr.
The following cities and towns share a border with Seelbach. They are listed clockwise starting in the north: Friesenheim, Biberach, Schuttertal, Ettenheim, Kippenheim and Lahr.
There are three boroughs, Seelbach, Wittelbach and Schönberg.
The mayor is elected by the citizens for a term of 8 years. He's also the head of the town council.
Mayors since 1831
- 1831–1832: Vogt Schöttgen (signs the first time with „Bürgermeister“)
- 1832–1838: Karl Obert
- 1838–1844: Michael Schäfer
- 1849–1875: Xaver Räpple
- 1875–1886: Franz Anton Benz
- 1886–1910: Christian Himmelsbach
- 1910–1919: Josef Heizmann
- 1919–1923: Wilhelm Brucker
- 1923–1945: Theodor Simon
- 1945–1946: Georg Hartmann
- 1946–1948: Alfred Himmelsbach
- 1948–1957: Josef Fehrenbach
- 1957–1977: Alfred Dreyer
- 1977–1993: Walter Dilger
- 1993–2007: Klaus Muttach
- 2008–present: Thomas Schäfer
People, culture & architecture
The Katharinenmarkt is a weekend long historic market that takes place annually in November since 1455. It is visited by nearly 20000 visitors.