|Date of birth||4 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Misato, Saitama, Japan|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2013–2014||Urawa Red Diamonds||9||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 February 2016.
Urawa Red Diamonds
Sakano made his debut for Urawa Red Diamonds in the AFC Champions League group-stage against Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande on 26 February 2013 in which he came on as a 59th-minute substitute for Márcio Richardes in a match that the Red Diamonds lost 3–0. Sakano then made his J. League Division 1 debut on 2 March 2013 against the reigning champions from the 2012 season Sanfrecce Hiroshima in which he came on as a 73rd-minute substitute for Shinzo Koroki as the Red Diamonds won the match 2–1.
|Club||Season||League||J. League Cup||Emperor Cup||AFC||Total|
|Urawa Red Diamonds||2013||9||0||0||0||2||1||4||0||15||1|
- "Evergrande 3-0 Red Diamonds (February 2013)". The Asian Football Confederation. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- "SANFRECCE HIROSHIMA VS. URAWA REDS 1 - 2". Soccerway. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- Nippon Sports Kikaku Publishing inc./日本スポーツ企画出版社, "2016J1&J2&J3選手名鑑", 10 February 2016, Japan, ISBN 978-4905411338 (p. 176 out of 289)
- Toyofumi Sakano profile at Soccerway