United States Ambassador to Lebanon
|Ambassador of the United States to Lebanon
السفارة الأمريكية في لبنان
Seal of the United States Department of State
as Consul General
|Website||U.S. Embassy - Beirut|
- George Wadsworth (1942–1947) – Consul General, later promoted to Envoy. Also was head of mission to Syria but resident in Beirut.
- Lowell C. Pinkerton (1946–1951) – Envoy
- Harold B. Minor (1951–1953) – Envoy, promoted to first ambassador.
- Raymond A. Hare (1953–1954)
- Donald R. Heath (1955–1958)
- Robert McClintock (1958–1961)
- Armin H. Meyer (1961–1965)
- Dwight J. Porter (1965–1970)
- William B. Buffum (1970–1974)
- G. McMurtrie Godley (1974–1976)
- Francis E. Meloy, Jr. (1976) – Assassinated prior to presenting credentials.
- Richard B. Parker (1977–1978)
- John Gunther Dean (1978–1981)
- Robert Sherwood Dillon (1981–1983)
- Reginald Bartholomew (1983–1986)
- John Hubert Kelly (1986–1988)
On September 6, 1989, all United States personnel were withdrawn from Beirut during unrest resulting from there being no clear successor to President Amin Gemayel. Ambassador Ryan C. Crocker did not formally present his credentials until 1990 to Rene Moawad.
- John Thomas McCarthy (1988–1990)
- Ryan Clark Crocker (1990–1993)
- Mark Gregory Hambley (1993–1994)
- Vincent M. Battle (1994) – Charges d'Affaires ad interim.
- Ronald L. Schlicher (1994–1996) – Charges d'Affaires ad interim.
- Richard Henry Jones (1996–1998)
- David Michael Satterfield (1998–2001)
- Vincent M. Battle (2001–2004)
- Jeffrey D. Feltman (2004–2008)
- Michele J. Sison (2008–2010)
- Maura Connelly (2010–2013)
- David Hale (2013–2015)
- Elizabeth Holzhall Richard (2016–)
- United States Department of State: Background notes on Lebanon
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Department of State website http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/index.htm (Background Notes).
- United States Department of State: Chiefs of Mission for Lebanon
- United States Department of State: Lebanon
- United States Embassy in Beirut