United States Ambassador to Saint Lucia
|Ambassador of the United States to Saint Lucia|
Seal of the United States Department of State
Sally Angela Shelton|
as Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary
|Formation||June 11, 1979|
|Website||U.S. Embassy - Bridgetown|
The United States Ambassador to Saint Lucia is the official representative of the government of the United States to the government of Saint Lucia. The ambassador is the United States Ambassador to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean, resident in Bridgetown, Barbados, and is concurrently the ambassador to Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
List of U.S. Ambassadors to Saint Lucia
The following is a list of U.S. ambassadors, or other chiefs of mission, to Saint Lucia. The title given by the United States State Department to this position is currently Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary.
|Sally Angela Shelton||Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary||June 11, 1979||February 24, 1981||Jimmy Carter|
|Milan D. Bish||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||December 15, 1981||March 4, 1984||Ronald Reagan|
|Thomas H. Anderson, Jr.||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||August 22, 1984||March 12, 1986|
|Paul A. Russo||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||December 2, 1986||June 25, 1988|
|G. Philip Hughes||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||November 21, 1990||June 17, 1993||George H. W. Bush|
|Jeanette W. Hyde||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||May 3, 1994||January 31, 1998||Bill Clinton|
|E. William Crotty||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||August 17, 1999||October 10, 1999|
|James A. Daley||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||November 6, 2000||March 1, 2000|
|Earl Norfleet Phillips||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||April 9, 2002||June 1, 2003||George W. Bush|
|Mary Kramer||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||February 11, 2004||October 30, 2006|
|Mary Martin Ourisman||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||February 20, 2007||2008|
|Brent Hardt||Chargé d'Affaires ad interim||January 1, 2009||June 19, 2011|
|Christopher Sandrolini||Chargé d'Affaires ad interim||June 19, 2011||2012|
|Larry Leon Palmer||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||2012||2015||Barack Obama|
|Linda Swartz Taglialatela||Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary||February 1, 2016||Incumbent|
- Saint Lucia – United States relations
- Foreign relations of Saint Lucia
- Ambassadors of the United States
- Also Ambassador to Barbados, Grenada, and Dominica; Special Representative to Antigua; St. Christopher-Nevis-Anguilla; and St. Vincent. Resident at Bridgetown.
- Also accredited to Barbados, Grenada, and Dominica; Special Representative to Antigua; St. Christopher-Nevis-Anguilla; and St. Vincent. Resident at Bridgetown.
- Also accredited to Antigua and Barbuda; Barbados; Dominica; St. Kitts and Nevis; and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Resident at Bridgetown.
- Also accredited to Barbados; Dominica; and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Resident at Bridgetown.
- Appointed Ambassador to Antigua and Barbuda; Grenada; and St. Kitts and Nevis on March 4, 1995.
- Also accredited to Antigua and Barbuda; Barbados; Dominica; Grenada; St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Resident at Bridgetown.
- Died at Gainesville, Florida on this date.
- "Chargé d'Affaires". United States Department of State. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- Chargés d’Affaires are not appointed by the President.
- Embassy of the United States - Barbados & E. Caribbean (2012), Congress Confirms Ambassador to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean, U.S. Department of State, retrieved May 21, 2012.
- United States Department of State: Background notes on Saint Lucia
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Department of State website http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/index.htm (Background Notes).
- United States Department of State: Chiefs of Mission for Saint Lucia
- United States Department of State: Saint Lucia
- United States Embassy in Bridgetown