|Directed by||K. Vijayan|
|Produced by||'Thirupur' Mani|
|Written by||Vinu Chakravarthy|
|Music by||Sankar Ganesh|
|Edited by||T. Rajasekhar|
|Distributed by||Vivekananda Pictures|
|29 August 1980|
Vandichakkaram is a 1980 Tamil film. The film stars Sivakumar and Saritha in the lead roles and both of them won a Filmfare Award in the respective categories. It was one of the biggest hits of Sivakumar. The film marked the debut of Silk Smitha This movie was later remade as Prem Pratigyaa
- Sivakumar as Gaja
- Saritha as Vadivu
- Silk Smitha as Silk
- Vinu Chakravarthy as Muthu
- Sivachandran as Sarathi
- Suruli Rajan as Maari
- CID Sagundhala as Theif
- Samy Kannu as Palayam, Vadivu's Grandpa
Vinu Chakravarthy wrote the script in 1976 but the story was made into a film and released in 1982. Smitha, who played a character named "Silk" in this film, later became a popular actress. The name "Silk Smitha" was given to the actress by Vinu Chakravarthy.
|1||"Devi Vantha Neram"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Vani Jayaram||4:12|
|2||"Oru Thai Maasam"||S. Janaki||3:10|
|3||"Vaa Machan"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||5:24|
- "Vandi Chakkaram". cinesouth. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Ekta Kapoor slams Silk Smitha's boyfriend". The Times of India. 22 February 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- Rajarathinam, R. M. (12 February 2005). "Portrait of an actor". The Hindu. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Ekta slams Silk Smitha's boyfriend - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-02-21. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Ahmedabad Mirror - Silk was made by worms, not Vinu". In.com. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- DC Correspondent (2011-02-17). "'Silk Smitha is my creation'". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Vandi Chakkaram Songs". raaga. Retrieved 2013-10-03.