Cook Station, Missouri
Cook Station had its start in the 1870s when the St. Louis and San Francisco was extended to that point. The community was named after C. C. Cook, a local resident who paid the railroad company in exchange for the naming rights. A post office called Cook Station was established in 1874, and remained in operation until 1998.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cook Station, Missouri
- "Crawford County Place Names, 1928–1945 (archived)". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on 24 June 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2016.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 6 March 2016. Retrieved 24 September 2016.