25 November 1865|
5 June or 5 July 1916|
|Notable work||The Beach at Heist, Aline Marechal, Vase of Flowers|
|Movement||Neo-impressionism, Post-Impressionism, modern art|
Georges Lemmen (1865–1916) was a Belgian neo-impressionist painter. He was a member of Les XX from 1888. His works include The Beach at Heist, Aline Marechal and Vase of Flowers. Yvonne Serruys studied in his workshop in Brussels from 1892 to 1894.
- Plage a Heist (The Beach at Heist), c. 1891-92, Musée d'Orsay, Paris
- Profile of a young boy, colored drawing (1911)
- Girl with doll, 1904
- Portrait of Mme. Lemmen, 1893
- P. & V. Berko, "Dictionary of Belgian painters born between 1750 & 1875", Knokke 1981, p. 418.
- Ploegaerts, Léon; Puttemans, Pierre (1987). L'œuvre architecturale de Henry van de Velde (in French). Presses Université Laval. p. 462. ISBN 978-2-7637-7112-0. Retrieved 23 December 2009.
- [pidLi=509&tx_commentaire_pi1 from=841&cHash=a3d95cd104 Musée d'Orsay bio
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georges Lemmen.|