McCarthy at the 2013 Grand Prix de Denain
|Full name||Jay McCarthy|
8 September 1992|
Maryborough, Queensland, Australia
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
Infobox last updated on|
15 October 2016
Jay McCarthy (born 8 September 1992) is an Australian racing cyclist, who currently rides for Tinkoff. He finished in 91st place in the 2014 Giro d'Italia. In 2015, McCarthy showed promise by reaping a third place in the overall classification of the Tour of Turkey thanks to good placings in the mountains. He was named in the start list for the 2015 Vuelta a España and the 2016 Giro d'Italia. In October 2016 he was announced as a member of the Bora–Argon 18 squad for 2017, with a focus on short stage races and punchy one day classics.
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
WD = Withdrew; IP = In Progress
- "Jay McCarthy". Cycling Archives. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- "Tinkoff-Saxo (TCS) – RUS". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- Stephen Puddicombe (3 May 2015). "Durasek wins Tour of Turkey as Mas pips Cavendish on final stage". Cycling Weekly. IPC Media Sports & Leisure network. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Vuelta a España 2015". Cycling Fever. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "99th Giro d'Italia Startlist". Pro Cycling Stats. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Bora-Hansgrohe finalise 2017 roster with McCarthy, Pelucchi and Saramotins signings". cyclingnews.com. 14 October 2016. Retrieved 14 October 2016.