Pier 11/Wall Street
Pier 11/Wall Street is a pier providing slips to ferries and excursion boats on the East River in the Port of New York and New Jersey. It is located east of South Street and FDR Drive just south of Wall Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City. The ferry terminal has five landings (A, B, C, D, E), each with two berths, and is used by four privately owned companies. Within walking distance, public transportation includes the New York City Subway's 1 N R W trains at South Ferry – Whitehall Street and 2 3 trains trains at Wall Street; the M5, M15, M15 SBS, M20 New York City Bus routes, and the Staten Island Ferry.
SeaStreak catamarans operate daily to the Raritan Bayshore in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Most journeys originate at the East 34th Street Ferry Landing with peak hour shuttle service to/from Battery Park City Ferry Terminal. After calling at Pier 11/Wall Street boats continue through The Narrows to terminals at Atlantic Highlands or Highlands.
SeaStreak formerly operated weekday commuter service to Rockaway, Queens. The service began in November 2012 in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, which heavily damaged subway infrastructure in Queens and Brooklyn, but was discontinued in October 2014 once all repair work had been completed.
NY Waterway operates ferries to points along the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway in Hudson County, New Jersey such as Weehawken Port Imperial, Hoboken Terminal, Paulus Hook Ferry Terminal, Paulus Hook/Morris Canal Basin, and Port Liberte. Service on the East River operates between Pier 11 and the East 34th Street Ferry Landing, calling at points in Brooklyn and Long Island City. Commuter service runs to Belford Harbor on the Raritan Bayshore.
New York Water Taxi
New York Beach Ferry
Citywide Ferry Service
Pier 11 Wall Street is expected to be a main hub of the Citywide Ferry Service starting in 2017, with routes to Bay Ridge, Rockaway, Governors Island, Astoria, Lower East Side, and Soundview. It will also be integrated with NY Waterway's East River Ferry.
- South Street Seaport
- Battery Park City Ferry Terminal
- South Ferry
- West Midtown Ferry Terminal
- East 34th Street Ferry Landing
- Paulus Hook Ferry Terminal
- Weehawken Port Imperial
- Fulton Ferry
- Battery Maritime Building
- St. George Ferry Terminal
- "Ferry Information". NYCDOT. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "Fares and Schedules". Seatreak. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "New Rockaway Ferry Service". NYCEDC. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "Seastreak Ferries - Servicing New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts". Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "End of ferry leaves Rockaway a 'transportation desert'". New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "To Manhattan Pier 11 / Wall St". NY Waterway. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "Wall Street / Pier 11 Terminal". NY Waterway. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "IKEA Express Shuttle". New York Water Taxi. Retrieved 2011-10-22.
- "Rockaway Beach Ferry Schedule from Pier 11 New York City". American Princess Cruises. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- DNAinfoNewYork. "Proposed Routes for NYC's Expanded Ferry Service". Scribd. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- "Citywide Ferry Service to Launch in June 2017, Official Says". DNAinfo New York. 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
- "New York City's Ferry Service Set to Launch in 2017". NBC New York. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pier 11/Wall Street (Manhattan).|