|Produced by||Pushpa Kandasamy|
|Music by||Srikanth Deva|
|Edited by||V. Jaishankar|
|Distributed by||Ayngaran International|
Thiruvannamalai is a Tamil language action film released in 2008. It stars Arjun Sarja, Pooja Gandhi and Karunaas. The film was later dubbed in Hindi as Main Hoon Vinashak and in Telugu as Jai Sambasiva
Easwaran (Arjun Sarja) is upright and honest youth, who runs a local cable channel in Kumbakonam. He is known to fight for the cause of the society and the common man. He enters into fisticuffs with local MLA (Sai Kumar) after he exposes his corrupt and greedy ways through his cable TV channel. Fearing trouble, his mom takes him to a saint in Thiruvannamalai. The Swami resembles Easwaran. A sequence of events forces them to swap places. The soft-spoken Swami tries to sort all issues through non-violent means (Gandhian philosophy). Half way through Karunas dies in the hand of (Vidharth) and the corrupt MLA. In the climax Easwaran kills off the MLA.
Immediately after the release of Pazhani in January 2008, Perarasu announced that he would make another action film starring Bharath titled Thiruthani. However the actor's commitment to Durai's Nepali and Venkatesh's Killadi meant that he was unable to start the project at the time, so Perarasu announced his next project Thiruvannamalai with Arjun Sarja.
Indiaglitz wrote: "Though the screenplay and script are quick-paced, several sequences sans logic fails to attract attention". Behindwoods wrote: " Thiruvannamalai is a full length Arjun action show in true Perarasu style". Kollywoodtoday wrote: "On the whole, it’s a ridiculous film to watch for miniscule [sic] audiences who are fond of watching avant-garde filmmakers". Sify wrote: "The plodding plot by Perarasu is a rehash of so many films and is as stale as day before yesterday’s Sambar! It follows the hoary formula of all mass masalas, and there is not even one scene or dialogue which is original". Cinefundas wrote: "On the whole, Perarasu makes you feel that he has done something different on the interval where a great challenge is established between two characters. But with everyone anticipating that the screenplay would be sans stunts, it’s completely letting down us with a regretful work".
Box office performance
- The film was declared as commercial hit at the box-office.
- "Ayngaran International". Ayngaran.com. 2009-12-15. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "The Pazhani after-effect!". Behindwoods. 2009-09-02. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Thiruvannamalai to kick start!". Behindwoods. 2008-05-15. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Arjun in 'Thiruvannamalai'?". Indiaglitz. 2008-04-14. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "From 'Pazhani' to 'Thiruvannamalai'". Indiaglitz. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Arjun and Perarasu together". Kollywood Today. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Sania Vakil — Yet another Mumbai import". Indiaglitz. 2008-06-30. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Pooja Gandhi — Back with a bang". Indiaglitz. 2008-09-01. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Conflict between Arjun and Perarasu?". Behindwoods. 2008-07-18. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Thiruvannamalai Tamil Movie Review". Indiaglitz. 2008-12-22. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "THIRUVANNAMALAI MOVIE REVIEW". Behindwoods. 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Review — Thiruvannamalai". Kollywood Today. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Movie Review : Thiruvannamalai". Sify. Retrieved 2013-06-19.