Rajavallipuram S. Krishnasamy|
12 November 1920
Rajavallipuram, Thirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu, India
|Died||November 9, 2006 85)(aged|
|Occupation||Journalist, Writer, Scholar|
Vallikannan (Tamil: வல்லிக்கண்ணன்), is the pseudonym of R. S. Krishnasamy (Tamil: ரா.சு. கிருஷ்ணசாமி, b. 12 November 1920 - d. 9 November 2006 ), a Tamil, writer, journalist, critic, and translator from Tamil Nadu, India.
Krishnasamy was born in Rajavallipuram near Tirunelveli. He started writing at a very young age and had published twenty five books by the time he was 30. He worked for magazines like Cinema Ulagam, Navasakthi, Grama Oozhiyan and Hanuman. He also wrote under the pseudonyms "Naiyandi Bharathi" and "Koranathan". He wrote a total of 75 books in his life - novels, novellas, poetry collections, plays and essay anthologies. In 1978, he was awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award for Tamil for his critical work on modern Tamil poetry Pudukavithaiyin Thottramum Valarchiyum (lit. The birth and growth of Modern Tamil Poetry). He died in 2006.
- Bharathidasanin uvamai nayam (1946)
- Pudhukavidhayin Thorramum Valarchiyum (1977)
- Saraswathi Kalam(1986)
- Bharathikkuppin Tamil Urai Nadai (1981)
- Thamizhil Siru Pathirikkaigal (1991)
- Tamil Sahitya Akademi Awards 1955-2007 Sahitya Akademi Official website.
- "Writer with many facets". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 24 November 2006. Retrieved 2 June 2010.
- "Vallikannan, a rare phenomenon". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 12 November 2006. Retrieved 2 June 2010.
- "Vallikannan Obituary". Kalachuvadu (in Tamil). Retrieved 2 June 2010.