Location in Tamil Nadu, India
|Coordinates: 11°28′45″N 78°44′04″E / 11.479172°N 78.734552°ECoordinates: 11°28′45″N 78°44′04″E / 11.479172°N 78.734552°E|
|• president||Muthusamy R (Veeraganur Panchayat)|
|• MP||Adi Sanker (Kallakurichi)|
|• MLA||Subha (Gangavalli)|
|Elevation||576 m (1,890 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 77,54,27|
Veeraganur is a Town Panchayat city in district of Salem, Tamil Nadu. Rapid development tooks place in past few years and the town emerged as commercial centre for adjoining villages.The Veeraganur city is divided into 15 wards for which elections are held every 5 years. The Veeraganur Town Panchayat has population of 11,624 of which 5,736 are males while 5,888 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 1216 which is 10.46% of total population of Veeraganur (TP). In Veeraganur Town Panchayat, Female Sex Ratio is of 1026 against state average of 996. Moreover, Child Sex Ratio in Veeraganur is around 974 compared to Tamil Nadu state average of 943. Literacy rate of Veeraganur city is 72.93% lower than state average of 80.09%. In Veeraganur, Male literacy is around 80.61% while female literacy rate is 65.51%.
Veeraganur Town Panchayat has total administration over 3,139 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorized to build roads within Town Panchayat limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
Caste Factor Veeraganur (TP) of Salem has substantial population of Schedule Caste. Schedule Caste (SC) constitutes 33.14% while Schedule Tribe (ST) were 1.57% of total population in Veeraganur (TP).
Work Profile Out of total population, 6,095 were engaged in work or business activity. Of this 3,433 were males while 2,662 were females. In census survey, worker is defined as person who does business, job, service, and cultivator and labour activity. Of total 6095 working population, 91.68% were engaged in Main Work while 8.32% of total workers were engaged in Marginal Work.
consists: It consists of the hamlets of Thenkarai, Chokkanoor Agragharam, Raayar Paalayam and Ramanathapuram, along with Veeraganoor Town. It is a small commercial place for more than ten villages around part of Perambalur District area and Thalaivasal and Gangavalli Panchayat unions. It is also a revenue birgha headquarters. It is one of the place situated as last boundary of Salem District. Thalaivasal Panchayat Union has 35 villages. Veeraganur is the only town panchayat is in Thalaivasl Panchayat Union.
It is bounded on the north by Ellupanatham and Naavalur, on the south by Kallappattry (Perambalur District), on the east by Vellaiyoor, Lathuvadi and Nallur (Thittacheri panchayat) and on the west by Thidavur and Punalvasal.
Veeraganur has a river, called the Swetha River, that arises in Kollimalai.
- Famous Ponnaliamman temple and Thengarai mariyammam temple that are very (powerful god).
- Kumara Malai near RayarPalaiyam towards Attur road.
- Two Govt Higher Secondary Schools (Boys and Girls).
- One Private Higher Secondary School, One secondary and One Primary Private School .
- Nearly 5 Govt Secondary Schools.
- Veeraganur bus route is linked to Attur, Thalaivasal, and Perambalur.
- chinnasalem to tirupathi bus available at ( 5.30pm and 8 pm at chinnasalem, 5.20am at tirupathi).
- Thammampatti to Chennai bus available at (9:10 PM at Veeraganur BusStand Daily).
- The nearest Railway station is located at Attur and Thalaivasal.
- Salem to Vriddhachalam passenger
- Bangalore to Karaikkal Fast passenger
- Salem to chennai egmore to dadar express
- Puducherry to Mangalore weekly express
- Yeshwantpur(Bangalore) to Puducherry garib rath
- Erode to chennai egmore special daytime intercity express
- The nearest Airport is Trichy Airport (India), about 85 km away.
Public and Private Sectors
- State Bank of India
- Pallavan Gramma Bank
- Salem District Central Co-Operative Bank
- Muthoot Finance
- Manappuram Finance
- Police Station
- Post Office
- EB Office
- Telephone Exchange
- 24x7 Primary Health Care Centre (Near Lake)
- TASMAC Shop (Near Lake)
- Co-operative society
-> 2 State Bank ATMs with Money Deposit Machine (1. At Bank, & 2. Near Police station) -> AXIS (Near Police station) -> IndiCash (Both are in & around bus stand)