Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine or CRIUM Hyderabad, established in December 1971, is an Indian Government sponsored Unani medicine research center and out patient clinic located in Hyderabad, India. The Central Research institute of Unani Medicine (CRIUM), Hyderabad- a decentralized institute functioning under the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It was established in December, 1971 under the erstwhile Central Council for Research Indian Medicine and Homeopathy (CCRIMH), which was set up in 1969. On the split of the CCRIUMH into four independent Councils in 1978, the CRIUM, Hyderabad continued functioning under the CCRUM) with the objective of undertaking scientific research on various aspects of Unani system of medicine. Its achievements in Clinical Research especially in the management of Vitiligo have made significant leads and have emerged as the premiere Institute of research in Unani medicine. The institute has a good infrastructure consisting of a Research Out-patient Department (ROPD) and a General Out-patient Department (GOPD), a 50-bed In-patient Department (IPD), Biochemistry, Pathology, Physiology Laboratories, Drug Standardization Research Unit, Survey and Cultivation of Medicinal Plants Unit and a Mobile Clinical Research Unit, besides Radiology, Static's and Medical Record Sections and a Reference Library.
The CRIUM, Hyderabad has been awarded the ISO 9001:2008 certification. The pharmacy at the institute has a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certificate for manufacture of research and other drugs.
- To achieve the target of Clinical Trials in given sample in stipulated time.
- To project and disseminate research work of CRIUM, Hyderabad as publications in National and International journals and conferences as well as compilation of Monographs on Clinical Projects.
- To standardize single and compound drugs of proven efficacy including SOP, for such drugs.
- Ethno Botanical Survey, collection, experimental and large scale cultivation of Unani Medicinal Plants.
Research Projects under progress at this Institute include Vitiligo, Chronic Sinusitis, Psoriasis, Hyperlipidemia, Chronic Stable Angina, Chronic Duodenal Ulcer, Hepatitis, Diabetes Mellitus, Essential Hypertension and a study on Immunomodulators, health and vitality promoters among aged. The areas of Research Programmes Undertaken by the institute are Clinical Research Pogramme, Fundamental Research, Pharmacological Research, General OPD Programme, Mobile Clinical Research Programme, School Health Programme, Drug Standardization Research Programme, Survey and Cultivation of Medical Plants Programme, Collaborative Studies.
- Department of AYUSH, Govt. of India
- Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine
- Government Nizamia General Hospital
- Hamdard (Wakf) Laboratories
- Government Unani and Ayurvedic Degree College and Hospital
- Tipu Sultan Unani Medical College
- "Carrying research in Unani". hyderabad-best.com. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "Statewise list of Research Institues / Units Under Various Central Research Councils of AYUSH as on 1.4.2008" (PDF). Indiamedicine.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "CRIUM Hyderabad". Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "CCRUM". Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- ADVANCED RESEARCH IN UNANI
- ACHIEVEMENTS OF CENTRAL COUNCIL FOR RESEARCH IN UNANI MEDICINE
- Standardization of a compound Unani herbal formulation Qurs-e-Luk with modern techniques