|49th Lieutenant Governor of Colorado|
Assumed office |
May 12, 2016
|Preceded by||Joe García|
|Born||October 27, 1953|
University of New Hampshire,|
George Washington University
Donna Lynne (born October 27, 1953) is a member of the Democratic Party and the 49th lieutenant governor of the State of Colorado. She also serves in a dual capacity as the chief operating officer of the State of Colorado. She was appointed to the position by Colorado governor John Hickenlooper, on March 23, 2016 and was confirmed by the Colorado House of Representatives and the state senate, on May 4, 2016. Lynne replaced the outgoing lieutenant governor, Joseph A. Garcia. Prior to her appointment, Lynne was an executive with Kaiser Permanente.
Early life and education
Born in Jacksonville, Florida, Lynne is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire, where she received a B. A. in economics and political science. She also attended George Washington University, where she received a Masters of Public Administration and obtained a Doctor of Public Health degree from Columbia University.
Lynne spent 20 years working in New York City government. During that time she served as first deputy commissioner for the office of labor relations, director for the mayor's office of operations, and senior vice president for the New York City health and hospital corps.
Lynne previously served on the boards of the Colorado Education Initiative, the Colorado Regional Health Information Organization, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Teach for America-Colorado and is former chair of the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce.
- "Donna Lynne sworn in as Colorado's new lieutenant governor – The Denver Post". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Governor nominates Donna Lynne as Colorado's new lieutenant governor". FOX31 Denver. 2016-03-23. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Kaiser Executive Confirmed As Colorado's Next Lt. Governor". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- Donna Lynne sworn in as Colorado’s new lieutenant governor Joey Bunch. Denver Post. May 12, 2016. Retrieved May 26, 2016
- Colorado's new lieutenant governor Donna Lynne takes office Associated Press. The Denver Channel. May 12, 2016. Retrieved May 26, 2016
- "Donna Lynne clears first hurdle on way to lieutenant governor's office – The Denver Post". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Lt. Gov. Nominee Hopes To Stay Above Political Fray". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "About the Lt. Governor | Office of Lieutenant Governor Donna Lynne". www.colorado.gov. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
|Lieutenant Governor of Colorado