Florida's 15th congressional district
|Florida's 15th congressional district|
Florida's 15th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
|Current Representative||Dennis A. Ross (R–Lakeland)|
Florida's 15th congressional district is an electoral district for the U.S. Congress and was reassigned in 2012, effective January 2013, to the northern parts of Hillsborough County, Florida and Polk County. The district includes many of the eastern suburbs of Tampa including Brandon, Plant City, Lakeland and Bartow.
From 2003–2012, the prior 15th district contained most of Brevard County south of the city of Cocoa (including the Kennedy Space Center), all of Indian River County, most of Osceola County, and a very small portion of Polk County. The district took in the cities of Kissimmee, Melbourne and Vero Beach, and Patrick Air Force Base.
List of representatives
|District created||January 3, 1973|
|Dante Fascell||Democratic||January 3, 1973 – January 3, 1983|| 93rd
|Redistricted from the 12th district, Redistricted to the 19th district|
|Clay Shaw||Republican||January 3, 1983 – January 3, 1993|| 98th
|Redistricted from the 12th district, Redistricted to the 22nd district|
|Jim Bacchus||Democratic||January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1995||103rd||Redistricted from the 11th district, Retired|
|Dave Weldon||Republican||January 3, 1995 – January 3, 2009|| 104th
|Bill Posey||Republican||January 3, 2009 – January 3, 2013|| 111th
|Redistricted to the 8th district|
|Dennis A. Ross||Republican||January 3, 2013 – present|| 113th
|Redistricted from the 12th district|
|Democratic||Stephen Lee Blythe||151,951||41.99|
|Democratic||C. Shannon Roberts||85,595||35.27|
Living former Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida's 15th congressional district
As of May 2015, there are two former members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Florida's 15th congressional district who are currently living at this time.
|Representative||Term in office||Date of birth (and age)|
|Jim Bacchus||1991–1993||June 21, 1949|
|Dave Weldon||1995–2009||August 31, 1953|
Historical district boundaries
- See whole Florida state map for 2013, with the 15th district in northern Hillsborough County and Polk County: h9047_35x42L.pdf Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 16, 2012.
- See 2013 borders of 15th district in the 2013 districts map: H000C9047_map_bb.pdf, for the Big Bend region of Florida. Congressional Plan: H000C9047. Chapter No. 2012-2, Laws of Florida. www.flsenate.gov. February 2012.
- 2008 Race Tracker
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present