Order of the Black
|Order of the Black|
|Studio album by Black Label Society|
|Released||August 10, 2010|
|Label||E1 Music, Roadrunner, Riot Entertainment|
|Black Label Society chronology|
Order of the Black is the eighth studio album by the heavy metal band Black Label Society. It was released in North America on August 10, 2010 through E1 Music. In New Zealand and Australia it was released by Riot Entertainment (with special cover art) and in Europe through Roadrunner Records. The first single "Parade of the Dead" was released on June 16. The second single of the album entitled "Crazy Horse" was released June 22. On August 9, 2010, the album was posted to AOL music for streaming in its entirety (minus bonus tracks). Although various versions in different territories and formats carried different bonus tracks, all available bonus tracks are actually taken from the 2011 album The Song Remains Not The Same.
Target released an exclusive edition of the album with a 50-minute bonus DVD for a limited time. The DVD features "Trakk by Trakk with Zakk", a song-by-song overview of the album where Zakk Wylde talks about his lyrical and musical inspiration for the songs. It will also feature a solo performance of the song "The Last Goodbye" from the 2006 Shot to Hell album and an exclusive tour of the BLS Bunker. This is the only studio album with Will Hunt.
Order of the Black sold around 33,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter the Billboard 200 chart at position number 4.
All tracks written by Zakk Wylde, except bonus tracks.
|3.||"Parade of the Dead"||3:36|
|7.||"Time Waits for No One"||3:36|
|9.||"War of Heaven"||4:09|
|12.||"Riders of the Damned"||3:23|
- Produced by Zakk Wylde
- Associate producer – John DeServio
- Engineered by Adam Klumpp
- Mixed by Zakk Wylde, John DeServio, Adam Klumpp
- Mastered by George Marino
- Management – Bob Ringe (Survival Management)
- Publicity – Carise Yatter (Hired Gun Media), Darren Edwards
- Marketing, Internet – Jim Baltutis (Concepts in Concert), Denner Vieira, Angela McGill
- Artwork, layout, and design – John Irwin (John Irwin Design), Zakk Wylde
|German Albums Chart||31|
- "allmusic ((( Order of the Black > Review )))".
- "BLACK LABEL SOCIETY: New Album Title Announced". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 5 May 2010.
- "New BLS Single van Black Label Society op Myspace". Blogs.myspace.com. 2010-06-02. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
- "Play Full Music Albums Free - AOL Music". Music.aol.com. Retrieved 2012-03-04.
- Target Edition
- Saulnier, Jason (22 September 2010). "Zakk Wylde Interview". Music Legends. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- ":: MTV | Album Top 50 KW 9 | charts". Mtv.de. 2011-09-29. Archived from the original on March 7, 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-04.