The Blessed Hellride
|The Blessed Hellride|
|Studio album by Black Label Society|
|Released||April 22, 2003|
|Recorded||Paramount Studios, Hollywood, California; Cartee Day Studios, Nashville, Tennessee; Amerayacan Studios, North Hollywood, California.|
|Genre||Heavy metal, groove metal|
|Black Label Society chronology|
The Blessed Hellride is the fourth studio album by Black Label Society. It contains a mix of heavy (Stoned and Drunk, Stillborn) and lighter (The Blessed Hellride, Dead Meadow) tunes.
The second track "Doomsday Jesus" was featured on the soundtrack to the game MTX: Mototrax, but with altered lyrics.
Ozzy Osbourne appears on the first single "Stillborn," though his name was not used to promote the track. He is credited inside the booklet, however, due to Ozzy being on Sony Records at the time, Spitfire Records were not allowed to promote this song with Osbourne's name - a sticker on the cover of the album said "featuring special guest star."
The Japanese bonus track "F.U.N." is a joke song, presumably recorded while Zakk and Craig Nunenmacher were horsing around in the studio. The song's lyrics poke fun at the cheesiest of the 1980s hairband's "party" lyrics.
A song called "No Other" was recorded, mixed, and mastered for this album, however, it remained unreleased until the next album, "Hangover Music Vol. VI."
All songs written by Zakk Wylde.
- "Stoned and Drunk" – 5:02
- "Doomsday Jesus" – 3:30
- "Stillborn" (Feat. Ozzy Osbourne) – 3:15
- "Suffering Overdue" – 4:29
- "The Blessed Hellride" – 4:32
- "Funeral Bell" – 4:41
- "Final Solution" – 4:04
- "Destruction Overdrive" – 3:01
- "Blackened Waters" – 3:56
- "We Live No More" – 4:02
- "Dead Meadow" – 4:30
- "F.U.N." (Japanese Bonus Track) - 2:58
- Produced by Zakk Wylde
- Associate producer and engineer – Eddie Mapp
- Assistant engineers – Christopher Rakestraw and Steve Crowder
- Mixed by Eddie Mapp and Zakk Wylde
- Mastered by Steve Marcussen
- Illustrations by Rob Arvizu
- Management – Bob Ringe (Survival Management)