Pike Road, Alabama
Pike Road Town Hall
|Coordinates: 32°16′11″N 86°8′25″W / 32.26972°N 86.14028°W|
|• Total||31.9 sq mi (82.8 km2)|
|• Land||31.6 sq mi (82.0 km2)|
|• Water||00.3 sq mi (00.8 km2)|
|Elevation||295 ft (90 m)|
|• Estimate (2014)||7,933|
|• Density||171.1/sq mi (65.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0155197|
Pike Road is a town in Montgomery County, Alabama, United States. As of the 2000 census, the population of the town was 310. The 2010 census indicated a population of 5,406. It is part of the Montgomery metropolitan area.
Pike Road is located at 32°16′11″N 86°8′25″W / 32.26972°N 86.14028°W (32.269660, -86.140167).
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 31.9 square miles (83 km2), including 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) of water.
The current town council members are: Chris Dunn, Angie Bradsher, Betsy Atkins, Leroy Tolliver and Rob Steindorff. The Pike Road Town Council meets at 7:00 p.m. on the second Monday of each month as well as the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7:00 a.m. Meetings are held in the council chamber at Pike Road Town Hall (9575 Vaughn Road).
The Town of Pike Road, Alabama employs four full-time staff members, two part-time staff members and utilizes contractors to fulfill other staff needs.
The United States Postal Service operates the Pike Road Post Office in the town limits.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the 2000 census, there were 310 people, 110 households, and 95 families residing in the town. The population has since grown as communities that were unincorporated joined Pike Road.
By the time of the 2010 census, there were 5,406 people residing in Pike Road with the town now having 1,933 households, and 1606 families. The town's population grew almost 20-fold since the 2000 census, making it one of the fastest growing incorporated places in Alabama with a population of over 5,000 in 2010.
The 2010 census population profile by race showed 68.5% White, 28.7% Black or African American, 0.1% Native American, 1.4% Asian American, and 1.3% Hispanic or Latino persons of any race living within the town limits. Roughly 0.8% of the population was of two or more races.
Primary and secondary schools
Pike Road is a part of Montgomery Public Schools. On December 22, 2010 Pike Road established a Municipal School System. The first school, grades K-8, opened on August 22nd, 2015, with Angela Lang as acting principal.
The Pike Road Public Library of the Montgomery City-County Public Library is located in Pike Road. It is located in the Pike Road Station shopping center near the intersection of Pike and Vaughn Roads.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "ADOR - Local Sales, Use, Lodgings, Rental Tax Rates". Alabama Department of Revenue. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "Pike Road Town Limits Map." Town of Pike Road. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.
- "Post Office™ Location - PIKE ROAD." U.S. Postal Service. Retrieved on March 4, 2011. "1320 PIKE RD PIKE ROAD, AL 36064-9998."
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- "Carr (Archive) Montgomery Public Schools. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.
- "McKee Middle (Archive) Montgomery Public Schools. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.
- "Georgia Washington (Archive) Montgomery Public Schools. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.
- "Brand new Pike Road School opens to students."
- "The Story of Pike Road." Town of Pike Road. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.
- "Pike Road Public Library." Montgomery City-County Public Library. Retrieved on March 4, 2011. "9585 Vaughn Rd, Pike Road, AL, 36064-2292"
- "Frequently Asked Questions." Town of Pike Road. Retrieved on March 4, 2011.