Shrewsbury is a declining rural unincorporated community located within Grayson County, Kentucky, United States. In 1900, it was a settlement in its own right, but today it seems to be less well-defined, and many maps do not show it. It dates to as early as 1833, and was originally called Territory, but later renamed in honor of Judge James W. Shrewsbury. Its first postmaster was Reuben Tingle. He was succeeded by four others, until 1933, when the post office was closed. The town was incorporated as a Kentucky city in 1895, but lost that status in 1901.
- Maps from 1900 Encyclopaedia Britannica