Super K – The Movie
Vijay S. Bhanushali|
|Produced by||Smita Maroo|
Vibha Singh |
Jaspinder S. Kang
|Distributed by||Shemaroo Entertainment Pvt Ltd|
Super K (also known as Kiara the Brave) is a 2011 Indian animated film written by Vibha Singh and Jaspinder S. Kang and directed by Smita Maroo and Vijay S. Bhanushali. The film is produced by Smita Maroo. It was released by Shemaroo Entertainment.
Dreamzone is a special world in the Galaxy, ruled by the kindhearted King Maximus. Unknown to him, his brother Badmess is plotting to overthrow him. Badmess creates Super K, a boy superhero, using the powers of all the Dreamzonians. But a goof-up causes Super K to turn out a freak, unable to control his powers, and he is deserted by Badmess. Badmess befriends the evil Dr. Ozox, a masked alchemist who has his own sinister plan to take over Dreamzone.
Release and reception
The film was released on Yahoo! Movieplex, a feature of the Yahoo! India web site, as an exclusively online animated feature film. In 2012, it was released directly to video in the United States as Kiara the Brave, with cover art showing only princess Kiara (a secondary female character with red hair). This was considered by many to be an obvious attempt to remind consumers of the female, red-headed protagonist of Brave, a Disney/Pixar movie set in medieval Scotland. Super K has been universally panned by critics and moviegoers.
- "Super entertainment at a click". The Hindu, Dec 1, 2011
- "Shemaroo does a Houdini — again". The Hindu, February 28, 2013. Meenakshi Verma Ambwani
- "Shemaroo to release its 3D film online first". Yahoo. Yahoo. 15 October. Check date values in:
- "Shemaroo - 1st Indian producer to release superhero animation film SUPER K online". BollywoodTrade. 14 October. Check date values in:
- Brent Lang (2012-06-14). "Low-Budget 'Kiara the Brave' Capitalizes on Similarities to That Other 'Brave' Cartoon". The Wrap. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Animated wonder". Telegraph India, May 13 , 2012