|Milwaukee Brewers – No. 45|
Born: July 13, 1989|
|June 2, 2015, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2016 season)
|Earned run average||4.56|
Cravy graduated from Hogan High School in Vallejo, California, in 2007. He also spent one semester in his sophomore year at Benicia High School in Benicia, California, but returned to Hogan. He had surgery to repair a hernia in 2008, and did not play baseball. After attending Diablo Valley College in 2008, he transferred to Napa Valley College in 2009, and pitched for their baseball team. He set a school record with 110 strikeouts in 90 1⁄3 innings pitched. Cravy was named the Bay Valley Conference's Most Valuable Player and a Community College Baseball All-American.
The Milwaukee Brewers selected Cravy in the 17th round of the 2009 MLB Draft. He signed with the Brewers, receiving a $75,000 signing bonus. He began his professional career with the Arizona Brewers of the Rookie-level Arizona League in 2009, and pitched for the Helena Brewers of the Rookie-level Pioneer League in 2010. After starting the 2011 season with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers of the Class A Midwest League, where he struggled with a 5.75 earned run average (ERA). The Brewers demoted him to Helena. Cravy returned to Wisconsin for the 2012 season, and he responded with a 3.38 ERA.
In 2013, Cravy pitched for the Brevard County Manatees of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League, and he had a 4-2 win–loss record with a 2.04 ERA in 79 1⁄3 innings pitched. After the 2013 regular season, the Brewers assigned Cravy to the Surprise Saguaros of the Arizona Fall League. He began the 2014 season with the Huntsville Stars of the Class AA Southern League, and started the league's all-star game for the Northern Division. After pitching to a 8-1 record and a 1.72 ERA with Huntsville, the Brewers promoted Cravy to the Nashville Sounds of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League (PCL). In his first game with the Sounds, he strained his left oblique muscle, and missed the remainder of the 2014 regular season.
Cravy began the 2015 season with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox of the PCL. The Brewers purchased added him to their 40-man roster and promoted to the major leagues on May 31. He was optioned back to Colorado Springs on June 3.
- "Southern League notebook: Milwaukee Brewers' Tyler Cravy suited to start with Huntsville Stars - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- "Hogan High graduate Tyler Cravy has big league dreams". timesheraldonline.com. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- MARTY JAMES. "Former Napa Valley College star Tyler Cravy pitching in Arizona Fall League". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- HARRELL MILLER. "Baseball: NVC's Tyler Cravy takes hill for Brewers in Arizona Fall League". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- "Huntsville Stars' Tyler Cravy named starting pitcher for Southern League All-Star Game". AL.com. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- Marty James. "Baseball: Former NVC pitcher Tyler Cravy promoted to Triple-A Nashville". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- Marty James. "Cravy on the comeback trail". Napa Valley Register. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Tyler Cravy on Twitter