2011 European Tour
The table below shows the 2011 European Tour schedule. The season began in December 2010 with the Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa, and culminated with the Dubai World Championship the following December. The full schedule included the four major championships and four World Golf Championships.
Race to Dubai
Since 2009, the European Tour's money list has been known as the "Race to Dubai". It is based on money earned during the season and is calculated in euro, with earnings from tournaments that award prize money in other currencies being converted at the exchange rate available the week of the event. The following table shows the final top 10 in the 2011 standings and includes the bonus pool.
|Rank||Player||Country||Events||Prize money (€)|
|2||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland||19||4,002,168|
|4||Charl Schwartzel||South Africa||18||2,929,829|
Golfer of the Month
The winners of the European Tour Golfer of the Month Award were as follows:
|April||Charl Schwartzel||South Africa|
|June||Rory McIlroy||Northern Ireland|
|July||Darren Clarke||Northern Ireland|
|September||Michael Hoey||Northern Ireland|
- 2011 in golf
- 2011 Challenge Tour
- 2011 European Senior Tour
- 2011 PGA Tour
- List of golfers with most European Tour wins
- "European Tour schedule". PGA European Tour. Archived from the original on 12 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "European Tour unveils 2011 Race to Dubai schedule". BBC Sport. 28 November 2010. Archived from the original on 2 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-28.
- "The 2011 European Tour International Schedule – Initial Sector". PGA European Tour. 26 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "European Tour adds Bahrain to its Middle East swing from January 2011 with Volvo Tournament of Champions". Daily Mail. 26 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-07.
- "European Tour Race To Dubai". europeantour.com. 4 December 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-04.
- 2011 season results on the PGA European Tour website
- 2011 Order of Merit on the PGA European Tour website