|Full name||Dimitre Ganev Kalkanov|
|Date of birth||5 April 1966|
|Place of birth||Bulgaria|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Kalkanov started his career with Lokomotiv Plovdiv. He took part in the 1985 FIFA World Youth Championship with Bulgaria, making three appearances in that tournament. Kalkanov then played in Hong Kong for Instant-Dict and Happy Valley, and in Malaysia for Selangor and Kelantan. While in Hong Kong, Kalkanov won the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year award in 1998, becoming the first non-Hong Konger to win the award. He played for the Hong Kong League XI at the 1998 Dynasty Cup, 2000 Guangdong–Hong Kong Cup and the Carlsberg Cup in 2000 and 2001. In 1998, he also made an appearance as part of the Hong Kong League XI against the Bulgarian national football team in a friendly match.
- Dimitre Kalkanov – FIFA competition record
- Edward Passos (27 July 1999). "Valley boss demands quality". The Standard. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- "International Matches 1998 - Asia". RSSSF. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- "Czech Republic beats Mexico in Carlsberg Cup final". CNNSI. 10 February 2000. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- "International Matches 2001 - Intercontinental, January–March". RSSSF. Retrieved 10 July 2010.