Huangpu District, Guangzhou
Huangpu , formerly romanized as Whampoa, is one of the ten districts of Guangzhou, the capital of China's Guangdong Province. Despite its name, it does not include Huangpu Island (now Pazhou) or its famous anchorage. Huangpu absorbed Guangzhou's former Luogang District in 2014.
During the Canton trade, Changzhou was known as "Dane's Island" and used by Danish crews for repairs and burials. It lay on the eastern side of the Huangpu or "Whampoa" anchorage, named for Huangpu Island (now Pazhou in Haizhu District). The Whampoa Military Academy was founded on Changzhou in 1924.
On 12 February 2014, Luogang District was dissolved by China's central government and its area added to Huangpu.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Dasha Subdistrict||大沙街道||Dàshā Jiēdào||dai6 sa1 gai1 dou6||44,641||13.10|
|Huangbu Subdistrict||黄埔街道||Huángbù Jiēdào||wong4 bou3 gai1 dou6||64,255||7.38|
|Hongshan Subdistrict||红山街道||Hóngshān Jiēdào||hung4 san1 gai1 dou6||42,127||7.30|
|Yuzhu Subdistrict||鱼珠街道||Yúzhū Jiēdào||jyu4 zyu1 gai1 dou6||59,529||9.11|
|Wenchong Subdistrict||文冲街道||Wénchōng Jiēdào||men4 cung1 gai1 dou6||46,877||10.07|
|Nangang Subdistrict||南岗街道||Nángǎng Jiēdào||nam4 gong1 gai1 dou6||76,747||13.74|
|Changzhou Subdistrict||长洲街道||Chángzhōu Jiēdào||cêng4 zeo1 gai1 dou6||36,478||11.5|
|Suidong Subdistrict||穗东街道||Suìdōng Jiēdào||sêu6 dung1 gai1 dou6||45,025||13.58|
|Lilian Subdistrict||荔联街道||Lìlián Jiēdào||lei6 lün4 gai1 dou6||42,251||6.58|
|Luogang Subdistrict||萝岗街道||Luógǎng Jiēdào||lo4 gong1 gai1 dou6||45,717||80.10|
|Xiagang Subdistrict||夏港街道||Xiàgǎng Jiēdào||ha6 gong2 gai1 dou6||44,528||14.54|
|Dongqu Subdistrict||东区街道||Dōngqū Jiēdào||dung1 kêu1 gai1 dou6||85,235||54.00|
|Lianhe Subdistrict||联和街道||Liánhé Jiēdào||lün4 wo4 gai1 dou6||49,867||51.76|
|Yonghe Subdistrict||永和街道||Yǒnghé Jiēdào||wing5 wo4 gai1 dou6||55,044||34.00|
|Jiulong Town||九龙镇||Jiǔlóng Zhèn||geo2 lung4 Zen3||93,265||175.10|
Huangpu district is one of the developing industrial districts in Guangzhou. As such, this district has many factories and wharves. It also has some business hotels. These hotels are particularly busy during the Canton Fair, located on neighboring Pazhou.
Huangpu is currently service by one line on the Guangzhou Metro:
Currently another metro line is under construction:
- Line 6 - Huangbei, Jinfeng, Xiangang, Suyuan, Luogang, Xiangxue
The American International School of Guangzhou middle and high school campus is in Science Park (科学城; 科學城; Kēxuéchéng; fo1 hok6 sing4), in the former Luogang District.
- "2014年广州市人口规模及分布情况" (in Chinese). Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "黄埔萝岗合二为一 增城从化撤市改区 [Huangpu and Luogang Districts merge; Zengcheng becomes a District]", OEEEE, Nandu Online, retrieved 13 February 2014. (Chinese)
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- "Contact Us." American International School of Guangzhou. Retrieved on September 16, 2016. "Science Park Campus (Gr.6-12): Address: 19, Kexiang Road Luogang District, Science Park, Guangzhou, PR China, 510663 广州市萝岗区科翔路19号" - Detailed map (Archive)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Huangpu District, Guangzhou.|